Sunday, March 13, 2005

Of Norah Jones and Turning 30

Norah Jones sang to me on my birthday! Well, and to a thousand others, too. She was in Manila (Araneta Coliseum) last March 12 for a one-night concert. A few days after reading the Philippine Star article (still posted in my room's bulletin board), I scrambled towards Megamall to buy tickets. I remember telling myself I would pay anything to see Norah Jones. Hindi rin pala =). Budgetarian issues persisted over my fanatic tendencies. But hey, Bebert and I got wonderful seats! From where we were seated, Norah Jones was about as big as my thumb. Ayos na yon!

Turning 30 isn't bad at all. In fact I relished and am relishing it, if only for the lovely Miss Jones. She sounds even loveliver live than on her CDs. The woman is funny, gifted, talented, and natural. There were no airs about her whatsoever. Even that mosquito fluttering about her when she sang "The Nearness of You" couldn't help being drawn to her. Ang guwapo pa ng boyfriend (Lee Alexander, the bassist). Sorry, I should say guwafar - guwapo from afar.

3 Comments:

At 6:27 AM, May 19, 2005, Blogger The Mermaid said...

I was there too, siempre courtesy of Donna. Thanks for buying the tickets. By the way, we also watched Kevyn Lettau last Saturday :-)

 
At 6:33 AM, May 19, 2005, Blogger The Mermaid said...

ganun ka favorite si Norah Jones...napa-blog! Welcome! Link kita ah ;-)

 
At 1:12 AM, May 20, 2005, Blogger donna_chocnut said...

hey rena girl! you're welcome, twas my pleasure. anything for norah jones! =) oo nga, i guess it was because of her that i decided to start a blog. huwaw, kevyn lettau kansert. cool. we were supposed to watch, too, kaso out of town kami that time. maybe next time. mukhang madalas naman sha sa manila eh. she probably realized malaki ang fan base niya sa pilipinas. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home