Wednesday, August 31, 2005

My sister's wedding

My younger and only sister Lea got married last Saturday, 27 August, to her best friend and long-time boyfriend Ray. It was a beautiful wedding and a happy day, despite the drizzle late in the afternoon. I honestly thought I would be incapable of crying that day because of my duties as her maid of honor. But when Lea started walking down the aisle with my parents, and in such a solemn atmosphere, I couldn’t hold back my tears (and of course with tears come, oh never mind). What’s worse was, I didn’t have tissue paper. Thank goodness for my shawl.

Lea and I are only one-and-a-half years apart, and our youngest was born five years after Lea. So she and I were constant companions in many activities like aratelis tree climbing, frog and tutubi hunting, cookie baking (attempts at it), bargain shopping, schooling, etc, etc, etc. Our Mom, like all other moms I suppose, loved to dress us alike - Lea usually in pink, and I in blue. I am grateful, though, that this practice of dressing alike stopped early enough.

We can’t stop life from changing and people from leaving or moving on. It may be sad but there is beauty and growth in change. And there will always be love if we choose to nurture it.

P.S. I wish sports shoe makers like Merrell, Adidas, etc would come out with formal occasion shoes that are stylish, comfortable, and merciful. My poor feet suffered from my “no mercy!” shoes last Saturday. Kung puwede lang talagang mag-tsinelas...

12 Comments:

At 5:12 AM, August 31, 2005, Blogger Kaje said...

hey donna!

i'm not sure if it's the same for you, pero when i attended a wedding a few weeks ago, i cried when the bride started to walk on the aisle...some say because i am also getting married soon...and mind you, ni hindi kami close nga kase nung kinasal...

but then again, sister mo yung kinasal (i remember crying a bit during my sister's walk three years ago) hihihihi...

la lang. hope to talk to you real soon!!!!

 
At 7:24 PM, August 31, 2005, Blogger eye said...

weddings make me cry, most particularly the part where the bride walks down the aisle with her parents... tumatanda na kasi ata ako eh kaya lalong nagiging emotional hehe!

congrats to your sister ;)

 
At 12:40 PM, September 01, 2005, Blogger The Mermaid said...

even if the person is not a relative, I usually cry when the bride starts to walk down the aisle...when my sis got married, nag-crack voice ko when I said my speech.

pero i can relate sa experience mo with your sis, ganyan ata tlaga lahat nang moms :-)

 
At 6:13 PM, September 01, 2005, Blogger rors said...

sana post ka pic ng sister mo :) you getting married na rin? nabasa ko lang kung saan-saan ang chismis hehe! :)

 
At 2:01 AM, September 02, 2005, Blogger h. said...

uuy weddings, it's true siguro for most girls, i too cry during the bridal march. there's just something about it, almost surreal. :-)

 
At 9:26 AM, September 04, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

ako din minsan naiiyak kapag uma-attend ng kasal, ewan ko ba bakit nakakaiyak ang pag-aasawa ;) haha

 
At 10:18 PM, September 06, 2005, Blogger donna_chocnut said...

thanks a lot tin, eye,rena,rory, hazel, and cruise for dropping by. good to know hindi pala ako nag-iisa sa pagiging maiyakin sa mga weddings =) kala ko puro girls ang magrereact. buti andyan si mark to give a man's perspective :). oo nga rors, gusto ko rin magpost ng pic dito. hanap ako. tengks again ebriwan. =)

 
At 1:01 AM, September 08, 2005, Blogger Silent.Hollo said...

ako donna, gusto ko sa wedding ko rubbershoes ang suot ko parang sa father of the bride hehehehe :))

ey! congrats & best wishes to your sis & hubby :)

 
At 8:24 PM, September 19, 2005, Blogger dadaydamakulay said...

SHOES! my biggest problem as of the moment. wala pa akong shoes for my friend's wedding haaay. bakit ang hirap maghanap ng comfy -heeled-strappy-pale pink shoes?

 
At 5:34 PM, September 26, 2005, Blogger Rabbit said...

Sabi na nga ba may silbi ang shawl eh...

 
At 9:52 PM, November 01, 2005, Blogger donna_chocnut said...

mae, oo nga eh, ako rin sana yun ang gusto ko. daday, sana'y nakahanap ka ng comfy, nice pale-pink shoes. noy, hehe, palagay ko rin nga yun ang primary purpose ng shawl.

 
At 12:05 AM, February 08, 2006, Blogger donna_chocnut said...

hi jing, sorry super late reply. grabe ka, naluha naman ako sa sinabi mo. tengkyu po, mula sa kaibuturan ng aking puso! mwah! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home