Friday, May 20, 2005

Love songs at the MRT

Is it just me or do love songs become more heartrending when heard within the confines of the MRT station? It’s probably just me. For the first time in many months, I took the MRT to and from work the whole week. Every afternoon at the Ortigas station, there would be these two blind men with their electric guitars, sound system, and hats for donations in the middle of the walkway. You’d be amazed by the power of their speakers. Ang lakas! Despite the blaring speakers, it would be impossible to miss their earnest, soulful voices.

Today one of the men sang, Kailangan ko’y ikaw. Dito sa piling ko. Kailangan kong madama ang pag-ibig mo. O giliw nasan ka. Bakit lumisan ka? Paano nang puso kong nag-iisa. Kailangan ko'ng yakap mo at iyong halik. Kailangan ko'y ikaw. Dito sa buhay ko. Kailangan ko'y ikaw. Sa bawat sandali. [I had to Google the lyrics to this song. Di ko memorize eh. Sorry I messed up the lyrics and deleted some].

I wasn’t lonely or emotional this afternoon so I don’t know why I was so affected. It must have been my imagination but the passersby seemed to be affected, too. Some had wistful, faraway looks. One reached out for the hand of his girlfriend. While others bowed their heads in an attempt to hide their secret smiles. Gutom lang yan Donna! Siguro nga. Or maybe I’m just a sucker for love and music. By the way, let’s not forget to support our brothers who serenade us in the streets, the malls, our homes, and train stations.

P.S. 23 May - I read this again today. Shiy_t! Ang baduy ko!

4 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, May 22, 2005, Blogger rors said...

uy donna, may blog ka pala =) binasa ko po lahat hehe. =)

 
At 8:38 PM, May 22, 2005, Blogger donna_chocnut said...

salamat sa pagbasa rors! will visit your blog din very soon. =)

 
At 9:00 PM, May 22, 2005, Blogger Kaje said...

hey!! it's not really baduy...i find this post sweet and mushy...or am i just a sucker?! heheheeh

 
At 8:25 PM, May 23, 2005, Blogger donna_chocnut said...

hahaha, salamat tin. ambait mo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home