Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Home

Nothing beats being home. I never fully grasped "there's no place like home" until today. I'm spending a few days here in Quezon City where I grew up and spent 27 of my 31 years. Back in the 80s, we hardly had any neighbors and our house was surrounded by empty lots with all sorts of grass, weeds, makahiya, dragon flies, frogs, a big puddle of water where the carabaos bathed, cows, and of course their poop which we dried and used as fertilizer.

Like I had mentioned in a past blog entry, my sister Lea and I had the time of our lives running and playing outside. In a few days, Lea will be giving birth to baby Bea then it will be my turn in early December. It won't be easy but we'll do our best to make them good and happy kids as they grow up. I do hope they won't turn out bratty and spoiled.

This morning I woke up to the magtataho's familiar, solid, deep voice calling out "TAHOOOOO" (you would be surprised as he's actually short, thin, and young); the feel of my small bed; my dusty, trusty electric fan; my ancient radio; and the delightful feeling of simply being home. No wonder EBTG wrote "One Place"...

2 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, June 06, 2006, Blogger The Mermaid said...

Totot yan!

 
At 4:52 AM, June 20, 2006, Blogger Rabbit said...

Yeah. We have a really nice neighborhood, don't we?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home