Friday, March 09, 2007

To eat or not to eat?



I had to go see a dietitian at the start of the new year for a couple of health reasons. All along I thought I was eating enough vegetables; it turns out I wasn't. In fact I was eating so little of them. Based on my weight, height, and level of activity, I'm supposed to have at least 3 exchanges of vegetables everyday. Roughly, that's 1.5 cups of vegetables. That's a lot! I still don't know how I'm supposed to do that.

As for these doughnuts, well, that's another story. I'm kidding okay? I'm a good girl now. My family wanted to try and visit this new shop that recently opened in Fort Bonifacio and so we went. It took so much self-control to stick to my guns and keep from jumping into the box. The doughnuts looked so good I wanted to cry. But I didn't. If you can't eat 'em, shoot 'em.

7 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, March 09, 2007, Blogger igor said...

Sumubok si Francis (friend namin) ng donuts na yan. Nahilo yata buong hapon. :D

 
At 7:53 PM, March 09, 2007, Blogger The Accidental Reviewer said...

Are those Krispy Kremes? Drool*

(the non-diabetic who is on a diabetic diet in me is crying)

 
At 4:21 AM, March 10, 2007, Blogger eye said...

oooh, krispy kremes! i haven't tried them, sabi nila masyado raw matamis? read: deep fried sugary flour - enough to scare us haha!

celeries, negative calories daw. sigh, ang hirap maging healthy hehehe! it really takes a lot of discipline.

 
At 7:38 AM, March 12, 2007, Blogger donna_chocnut said...

hi iggy, ang cute ng icon mo! kung diabetic si francis, malamang mahilo nga sha talaga ;p...yes cherry they are krispy kremes. natawa ako sayo! the diabetic who is now on a truly diabetic diet in me is crying too =)...hi eye, thanks for dropping by again. ay oo sobrang tamis nga daw. ang bilis daw maka-gain ng weight yan. sinabi mo, hirap talaga magpakabait. nakakabaliw!

 
At 9:33 PM, March 14, 2007, Blogger The Mermaid said...

To eat!...hehe

 
At 6:35 PM, March 25, 2007, Blogger Bebert said...

somehow, i couldn't imagine seeing a box of donuts riddled with bullet holes with cream cheese, chocolate and fruit fillings splattered all around. naiiyak ako.

 
At 6:20 AM, April 02, 2007, Blogger donna_chocnut said...

yup rena girl, to eat nga talaga! pero thank goodness hindi pa ako bumibigay. i wonder how long i can run on willpower alone ;p ... bebert, hehe, you're advocating a "save the doughnuts" movement ey? it's OK, go ahead =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home