Thursday, May 03, 2007

Back to badminton

After a 1-year and 2-month absence, I'm finally back to badminton! My first day back to the sport was last April 21 at Greenhills Badminton Center. Imagine a totally wasted, bespectacled person with vertigo playing badminton; that was exactly how I played, except I don't have vertigo and was perfectly sober. After realizing that I was supposed to aim the shuttle anywhere within our court, and not at the neighboring court, my nerves settled down a bit.

I was unnerved again when my playmates started using the 21-point rally system. Saan nga ako tatayo, partner? Ano nang score? Until now I am still so confused; considering how dense I am, it looks like it's going to take a long while before I get used to this scoring system.

The three games ended Saturday night and I was alive and well. Alleluia. I woke up Sunday morning and I wished I were dead. Every muscle in my entire body (exagg), especially my legs and arms, was violently aching. With the flight of stairs I had to contend with in the office, Monday morning was no better, either. If there were hidden cameras in those staircases, I'm certain the security staff would have died laughing at how "gracefully" I went up and down the stairs.

Don't get me wrong. I still love the game. And I am so looking forward to the day when I can look and feel like a sober person playing badminton again. Hindi ako lassheeenggg...

6 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, May 04, 2007, Blogger meowok said...

i'm sure you'll be back to form in no time ;)

 
At 6:59 PM, May 05, 2007, Blogger The Mermaid said...

Wow Donna, you're back playing badminton. Super sexy ka na talaga after. With all the no-sweets diet and coupled with badminton...no doubt!

 
At 7:54 AM, May 09, 2007, Blogger donna_chocnut said...

hi bambi, sana nga. ok lang kahit walang form, basta makalaro =). rena girl, tara ililibre kita. oo, sexy na lalake ;p.

 
At 8:05 AM, May 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dons!

i just found out about your blog from bebert. nakakatawa at nakakaaliw! makes me want to have my own blog tuloy.

regarding badminton, don't worry...if i were to play with you using my "expert" moves, i'm sure i'd make you look real good! hahaha!

can't wait to see you for our long awaited gimik!

 
At 5:36 PM, May 21, 2007, Blogger Kaje said...

hi donna!

this is a late comment but am glad you are back playing :) you'll get the groove back soon, am sure!

thank you for always visiting my blog :)

 
At 9:07 PM, May 25, 2007, Blogger donna_chocnut said...

hi lei, ikaw pala yan, thanks for visiting! ambilis ng pangyayari, tapos na agad ang gimik. really had fun, sa uulitin...hi tin, uy thanks! sorry we missed your "despedida". have fun with your well-deserved break. hope to play with you again soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home