Saturday, June 02, 2007

Of mice and men

Somehow I empathized with that poor little mouse. But I have to tell you I loathe seeing them; they make me squirm and give me goose bumps. My family knows this well, and so does Bebert. I really don't know why I feel that way, but I just do.

Anyway, going back to my story. Bebert bought mouse traps last week and placed 3 of them in our room. Just a few minutes after, a little mouse started shrieking, Bebert started whooping in victory (hahaha, huli ka!), and I started wincing. Thank God he promptly got rid of the mouse.

Last night I didn't know my slipper nicked into a portion of the trap until I actually wore my slippers. Boy was it sticky; danged sticky I tell you. I thought my slipper would be permanently stuck to my left foot but I'm so grateful it wasn't. Soap and water did nothing for my icky, sticky toe. Good 'ole baby oil saved the day, or should I say the night.

They say face your fear. In this case I would rather not. What are you guys afraid of?

P.S. There was a place called Rodent World in Zoobic and yes I was jumping up and down to see it, oozing with enthusiasm.

9 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, June 06, 2007, Blogger Kaje said...

hehehe kala ko naman epoxy ginamit ni bebert sa trap eheheh kidding!

ako, definitely afraid of heights pati sa mga hagdan na walang ilalim (alam mo yun? kapag may ganung hagdan, i let badong go first tapos kapit ako sa damit niya sa likod). as for animate things...am afraid of flying ipis...hehehehe

 
At 4:11 AM, June 07, 2007, Blogger meowok said...

nakakaawa tingnan yung mga daga pag nadidikit sila sa sticky paper trap na yun. matagal pa kasi silang nabubuhay, so they'll squirm and shriek in pain. (oops, sorry if i grossed you out.) pero di kasi sya katulad ng mga spring traps (like the ones we see in cartoons), dun tepok sila talaga. pero tepok din daliri mo pag nagkamali ka. :D

 
At 7:32 AM, June 07, 2007, Blogger Bebert said...

exactly! kaya rather than cause more pain to my trotters i prefer catching them with the sticky traps. :D

heeehawww!

 
At 7:03 AM, June 08, 2007, Blogger donna_chocnut said...

thanks tin sa pagdalaw. you're right, parang epoxy nga ang ginamit ni bebert. it's in a white plastic container filled with gel-like, epoxy-like stuff. not your usual fly-paper kind of trap. pareho tayo about fearing open staircases. sa shangri-la mall nga takot ako dun sa mataas nilang escalator....hehehe bambi, how graphic. but it's true. kawawa nga. katuwa naman, na-bring up mo ang mouse traps sa cartoons....bebert, panalo ang traps mo. pero napansin mo wala na ulit nahuli? these creatures are smart. it's like before they go away and die, their parting words to their fellowmice would include avoiding such traps. how noble.

 
At 9:24 PM, June 08, 2007, Blogger meowok said...

about you guys not catching any more, totoo yan, we also used to use those sticky traps at home pero after a while, wala ka ng mahuli.

yup, dunno if when they shriek their death songs, they are actually warning their friends, pero they learn from the experience of others. so it's good to change the types of traps you use from time to time. (or if you're not allergic, get a cat. hehe!)

 
At 3:31 AM, June 12, 2007, Blogger Nick Ballesteros said...

Hmmm... I have to warn you in advance if you're finicky with frogs as well, don't visit my blog just yet. I know somebody who doesn't like them very much. I asked her to view my blog. When she saw just the head of the frog she immediately switched to another window and started crying. waaah. Na-guilty tuloy ako.

 
At 8:21 PM, June 15, 2007, Blogger donna_chocnut said...

thanks bambi, magandang suggestion yan about changing the type of trap. effective nga daw talaga ang cats but i dont think i can take care of them well...hi nick, thanks for visiting. hindi naman ako takot sa palaka. sige tingnan ko sa blog mo.

 
At 10:27 PM, June 17, 2007, Blogger Purple Pig! said...

ha ha bright talaga ang mga daga. I hate mouse that's why kahit cute si mickey mouse di ko sya talaga ginugusto.

sa amin mas reliable yang sticky paper trap na yan kasi all the others parang kaya nilang iwasan

 
At 6:35 AM, June 18, 2007, Blogger donna_chocnut said...

carms, di ko alam takot ka rin sa daga. hindi pala ako nag-iisa, yey. salamat sa pagdalaw.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home