Saturday, July 14, 2007

Oh my socks...and more

There it was swimming in the toilet bowl. My poor old sock. It wasn't your usual pair of socks because they were toe gloves. The first time I saw them worn by Mae of Baddicts, I was so amused I bought myself a pair. Although it could be difficult squeezing each of my chubby toes in, they made me happy. I usually wore them with mojos.

On that fateful badminton day at the office, June 19, I wore them because I didn't have any other pair. Turns out this isn't advisable as they come loose while playing. In other words, my feet ended up hurting. So I kept complaining to friends on the court about it; at least it was a crappy game excuse.

As I changed into street clothes at the ladies' room, one sock fell into the toilet bowl. Nooooooo!!! Good thing all the bowl had was water. After trashing the sock, Jose Rizal's story about slippers falling into the sea came to mind. Does that mean I have to toss the other sock in the trash can too? Duh. Ano ba, Donna. Anyway, I brought the good sock home for its sentimental, smelly value.


P.S. What is it with me and toilet bowls? Last week my giant safety pin, holding my pants together, fell. Nooooooo!!! Haste makes waste indeed. Late that evening, my watch dived, not into the bowl, but into that sticky mouse trap I was telling you about. Not the mouse trap again. I'd better get rid of them.

10 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, July 13, 2007, Blogger Bebert said...

don't worry dear. i'll keep them traps away from your watch na lang. :D

 
At 10:51 AM, July 15, 2007, Blogger Rabbit said...

I'm not sure if Rizal will be flattered with the comparison. Can't imagine anyone else diving into the toilet bown to retrieve the stocks. The "nooooo" moment was priceless.

 
At 6:56 PM, July 15, 2007, Blogger meowok said...

maybe it's time to change lotions... nagdudulasan na ang mga saplot mo...
:P

 
At 2:20 AM, July 16, 2007, Blogger Reeyah said...

hahahahaha...that was funny, chocnut!
so, did you buy
(a) a new watch?
(b) new mouse traps?
(c) new toe socks?
(d) all of the above

 
At 3:25 AM, July 18, 2007, Blogger Purple Pig! said...

ha ha ha donna as usual, nicely narrated.

 
At 8:54 PM, July 19, 2007, Blogger donna_chocnut said...

bebert: yup buti pa itapon na mga mouse traps na yun

noy: tama ka, hindi nga matutuwa si rizal non. at ayoko nang maulit ang mga "nooo" moments

bambi: hindi nga ako naglo-lotion eh. tsk tsk, clumsy lang talaga ako. speaking of saplot, i havent seen spider man 3 yet

rhea: hehehe, no to all of your questions. madaling bilhin ang b and c, pero yung a, bahala na. sa cellphone na lang muna ;p

carms: tengkyu. mag-iingat na talaga ako next time pag nagbibihis sa CR.

 
At 7:36 AM, July 20, 2007, Blogger Nick Ballesteros said...

Hehehe. We once placed those sticky mousetraps in Pasay. It caught something... si Jo-Lo. Naglalakad na nakadikit yung mousetrap sa kanya.

Hmmm... ano yung mojos? Diba yun yung potatoes sa Shakeys?

 
At 6:41 AM, August 06, 2007, Blogger donna_chocnut said...

Hi Nick! Wawa naman si Jo-Lo =) I'm sure you know what mojos are, climbers often wear them. They're black, with straps across your toes and around your ankles, and velcro keeps the straps together. Na-imagine mo na? Ang sarap din ng mojos ng Shakey's. Kakagutom.

 
At 7:29 AM, September 04, 2007, Blogger arnie said...

Tita Donna, we'be been hanging out in Serendra for the past couple of Sundays. I love running around that wide open grassy grounds of Serendra. What I usually do is run from the giant water structure up to the mini-pool with water fountains. My mommy and daddy just wait until I get all sweaty and exhausted.

My daddy and mommy loves the shops in Serendra...daddy just bought a pair of shorts from Philosophy, grabe soooo expensive! gastos talaga ng daddy ko...

We love to eat in tea and therapy, a different bookstore cafe and the batirol coffee shop!

Hope to see you there sometime in the future.

 
At 8:15 PM, September 19, 2007, Blogger donna_chocnut said...

Hi AZ / Arianna, uy salamat sa pagvisit sa blog. Ay oo, I'm sure sobrang enjoy si Arianna running around Serendra. Naks, sarap naman, shopping, buti ka pa =). Sige next time subukan namin ni Bebert yung cafes that you mentioned.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home